Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Top 10 Favorite (and affordable) Beauty Products

My whole life I have loved makeup. Not because it makes you 'look better', but because it has always been something for me to explore. There are always new products, techniques, colors, and looks to try. I was just amazed at how some black goop in a tube could make your eyes pop, or how a little bit of powder on your cheeks could make your whole face glow. Not only was it fun to experiment with, but I loved how I felt when I put it on. It really isn't all about how the makeup makes you look, but how it makes you feel. For me makeup is more than just a morning ritual that I feel like I have to do. It became a hobby. Something I enjoy, practice, and take pride in. It isn't always something I do solely for myself. Showing other people that they ARE beautiful always brings a smile to their face. The way many people view themselves is far less attractive than they really are. Sometimes, they just need that little boost to become confident and be proud of who they are.The past few years I have been trying out new brands, shades, and types of products. As you would with anything, I found some I liked and some I didn't. Here are some of my top favorite products (in no particular order).
*Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored. I am not being paid or asked  to promote products. All opinions are my own. :)

Make-up Products:

1. Rimmel London Natural Bronzer - $4.28 at Walmart (also found at UltaTargetCVS, and Walgreens)
This bronzer and gives a warm sheer summer glow without hurting your wallet.
2. Benefit They're Real! Mascara - $24 at Sephora (also found at Ulta
This Mascara is on the pricey side but it's perfect if you're looking for a wetter, non clump mascara that darkens and lengthens.
3. NYX Eye-Brow Push-Up Bra - Lift & Draw - $9.99 at Ulta (also found at local drugstores, and Target
This double sided eyebrow pencil makes it super easy to fill in your brows without accidentally looking like you colored them in with sharpie and the highlighter gives your brows a shaped looked while brightening your eyes.
4. Maybelline New York The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara - $5.99 at Target (also found at UltaTargetCVS, and Walgreens)
This is great if you're looking for a volumizing mascara on a budget.
5. Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in the shade "710 - Not Just Nudes" - $5.99 at Target (also found at UltaTargetCVS, and Walgreens)
This is by far the easiest and quickest eyeshadow I've ever used. Simply dab some on your finger and swipe across your eyelid for a natural look. 
6. Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick - $5.99 at Target (also found at UltaTargetCVS, and Walgreens)
This foundation stick is completely shine free and blends perfectly into my skin tone. I love how quick and on the go it is. I can just throw it in my bag without needing to bring a brush. 
7. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer - $5.59 at Target (also found at UltaTargetCVS, and Walgreens
In all honesty this is one of the few brands of concealers that I've owned, but it is definitely my go-to. Again, the main thing I love about the product is that you don't need a brush and it's quick and easy to apply. 
8. Ulta Automatic Eyeliner in the shade 'Lace'(also comes in over 20 other colors) - $8.00 at Ulta 
The reason I love this liner is because it glides on smooth and is very easy to blend. I use the white shade on the inner corners of my eye or on my waterline to brighten my eyes.
9. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor - $7.49 at Ulta (also found at TargetCVS, and Walgreens)
10. Kyrolan Illusion Highlighter in the shade 'Cashmere' - $18.95
This is a bit pricy for its size (4.5 grams) but a little goes a long way. I loved how smooth it felt and the sheen champagne color is gorgeous. This shade works for most skin tones since it can be used as a highlight or a lowlight depending on the shade of your skin. 

Thanks for reading! Please leave comments or email me at any time (eatalbot13@gmail.com)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment