Saturday, April 4, 2015

Healthy Snack Ideas

Healthy Snacks:

PB Chocolate Bananas






This is such a great dessert substitute for cookies or a bowl of ice cream and it's so easy to make! This is pretty self explanatory to make. Just make some PB and banana sandwiches, cover them in melted chocolate, freeze and eat!






Yogurt Parfait



One of my new health food finds are chia seeds, which are super good for you. (I found mine at Trader Joe's, but you can get them at most grocery or health food stores.)
Chia seeds are small and aren't super flavorful so I have been trying a different few ways to eat them without really realizing that I was! My favorite is to put them in a yogurt parfait. Obviously you can add any toppings you'd like but I usually put fresh fruit and granola on my yogurt. I either mix the granola with the seeds before I sprinkle it on top or I just stir all the ingredients together. (The granola helps hide the seed texture if you don't like that sort of thing).








Air-Popped Popcorn



This is one of my favorite snacks and isn't too bad for as long as you don't load on butter and salt! You can buy a Popcorn Popper online for around $20 or if you have a farmer's market or health food store near you they might sell popcorn on the cob (which you can microwave in a brown bag). Then just add whatever toppings you'd like or leave it plain! If you're in the mood for something sweeter, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top.














Crackers and Laughing Cow Cheese 

These aren't exactly fat free but they are delicious and much better for you then a bag of greasy potato chips! Plus they are only 50 calories! It is a super quick and easy snack, perfect for school or work lunches.



Thanks so much for reading! Leave comments on your favorite healthy snacks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment