Saturday, March 14, 2015

To Buy or Not to Buy?

Lately I've been saving up for a car which means no more "splurging" on a dress that I only wore once. I've developed a system that I use whenever I shop for non-necessities. Obviously I am no spending expert but it has save me quite a few bucks so I figured I'd share.

My mental checklist...
Do I love it? How often will I use it? Will I still wear it in a month? In a year? Or is it just a trend that I'll end up throwing out after wearing it once? 
Does it fit? This may sound like a stupid question but many people buy clothes because they like them or because it's a good deal. But if you're clothes don't truly fit you then you'll probably end up not reaching for that piece as often, therefore wasting money. (Something I am definitely guilty of!) Lastly, whenever I find an item I like, without looking at the price (which sometimes can't be avoided) I set myself a price limit. For example, I see a cute pair of flats in my size, I decide that if they are less than $30 will buy them. This keeps me from overspending on things I don't need.
Please leave comments and thanks for reading! :)

Have any post ideas or questions? Comment or e-mail me at eatalbot13@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Will be a useful checklist to help me out when I go shopping next! && Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    XO
    Check out my blog! www.dreamingofgold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love your blog and I would really appreciate it if you gave me some more feedback on my upcoming posts too! :)

      Delete