As requested by the lovely Rebecca Gibbs A.K.A. Rxbxcca, this post is all about makeup tips. Whether you've been into makeup since you had your princess eyeshadow kit at age 6 or you have absolutely no clue what you are doing, there is always something new to learn about makeup. That is part of why I love it. The products and styles are constantly changing so there are always new things to try out. Although I don't wear a whole face of makeup everyday, I do love trying new products and trying out different looks for different occasions. Here are some tips i've found helpful over the years:
1. Applying a little white eyeliner to the inner corner of your eyes brightens up your whole face and makes you look more awake.
2. Adding a few drops of eyedrops to old mascara that is starting to clump will make it like new. You still should replace your mascara every few months but if you find it clumping or want to salvage a high end mascara this trick does wonders!
3. Want matte lipstick that lasts all day? After applying your lipstick, gently hold a tissue over your lips and brush on some powder.
4. Makeup, much like any other product, doesn't last forever. But how do you know when to get rid of what products? Mascara should be replaced every 3 to 4 months; eyeshadow, lipstick, and blush last 12 to 18 months; foundation usually last for about a year; and eyeliner can last up to 2 years. Some of you may have an amazing memory, but personally I can't even remember what I had for dinner last night ;) so whenever I buy a new product I sharpie on or use my label-maker to date when I need to get rid of that particular product, this way I can make sure all of my makeup is fresh.
5. Much like a curling iron for your hair, which won't work well without heat, the best way to get a good curl in your lashes, it helps to heat up your lash curler. Hold your lash curler (for 15 to 20 seconds) up to a blow dryer on high heat and viola, long lasting eyelash curls.
Comment some of your makeup tips! Thanks for reading and let me know if these were helpful so I can add more! :)
- E http://redtoesandlacebows.blogspot.com/